Be Bertoozie Kind.
Remember.... don’t discriminate against anyone based on their background.
Be a part of their success.
These are your peers that are looking to buy your gear.
Making a Purchase.
- Click the Buy button
- In the optional message confirm any pick up / drop off details that are important
- Enter in your credit card information
- A message with the pending transaction details will be sent off to the listing owner and they will be prompted to accept or decline it
- When the owner accepts the transaction the amount of the rental will be pre-authorized on your credit card
Respect time.Only inquire about listings you are genuinely interested in purchasing.Be early for appointments to view, test, or deliver.
Throughout a transaction, several messages will be sent from BERTOOZIE.
- The first is the proposal for the sale. The owner must accept this or the transaction dies
- The owner’s Acceptance of the transaction is sent to the buyer
- The renter then is prompted to authorize payment, once this part of the transaction happens a pre-authorization is made to the buyer’s credit card
- When final acceptance is requested from the owner the payment is then held by Bertoozie Gear Share until the order is marked as completed
- Once delivery is made the buyer Marks as completed
- Once the order is completed. The payment is transferred to the owner/Seller’s bank account
Document... Document... Document...Do the paperwork and keep documentation of Delivery and Receipt of Gear.Always use a Checklist.
You can find an example of a transaction checklist here. We recommend that both parties use something like this to document the condition and details of the equipment being rented and/or received... “CYA!”
The more the community uses BERTOOZIE the better it will get. The more honest reviews that are logged, the more informed our entire nation will be.